Analytics
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Conversions in Analytics are not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone

We installed the tag manager on page views for every site so the Analytics Code works and it does. Live view is working and the users are the same number again. Now we set up conversions in Analytics. It is an ecommerce site. We set goals to is similar to an URL for the steps of the check out process. As far as I can see we did that right. In the back end of the shop software are conversions. But there are no conversion arriving in Analytics. Any idea anyone?

Sigrid

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversions in Analytics are not working

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sigrid,

Please check what data is being sent to Google Analytics using Google Tag Assistant and/or GA Debugger Chrome extensions. Let me know what you find.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arnold,

thank you very much for your help! I was tryng the Google Tag Assistant andthe report was a green colour, which impy that the codes were found and transfer the information correctly. Is that right? What should I do next? Can you help me with next steP?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Sigrid,

You mean that goals are not being registered or ecommerce transactions are not tracked in Google Analytics?
Can you send more details about your setup? Do you have ecommerce tracking installed on the site?
Google Tag Assistant shows green if the tracking code is installed correctly. When you click the tag you can see at the bottom what requests are sent to Google Analytics.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arnold,

the goals are registered, but not all of them. The Goal Flow Report shows me e.g. for the 14. of December only 9 orders, but there were actually 26. I haven't installed the ecommerce tracking, because I just want the organic report, not adwords.

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Users who have opted out of tracking in the browser, won't have any analytics data sent to GA.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Sigrid,

Can you check in Behavior -> Site Content -> All pages how many hits your goal destination page received? It can happen that some of the users are not getting to that page at all after the purchase.
Regarding ecommerce tracking, it's not the AdWords conversion tracking, it's transaction tracking in GA:
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/ecommerce

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arnold,

happy new year! Thanks for the tip. I did check the Behavior section and compared it to the goals. It was much less in the goals. So I removed the hole funnel stepps and "is equal to" and changed to "beginns with" and just added "/checkout/confirm".
I compered the new data from just the last day. I the goals tracking I had only one. In Behavior I had 13 hits including alone 5 of the exact URL. Do you have any Idea?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Sigrid,

Can you show a few sample URLs you need to register as goals?