AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Conversion tracking with duplicate URLs

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

hope your all well.

I am trying to set up conversion tracking for a client but i am currently running into a wall.

The situation.

My clients website is made up of iframe's. Through the conversion process we have their website which features Savoy Systems payment iframe which then fires another iframe from Barclaycard. After you fill out the confirmation within the Barclaycard iframe it stays on the same URL which then gives you the success page.

obviously i have tried implementing the goal conversion to the duplicate URL but this is firing 2 conversions.

I have already tried using a virtual page view with GTM but this wouldn't work.

i have tried targeting a DOM element and storing its value within a variable within GTM, then firing an event to trigger the virtual page view but this would work.

If someone could help, it would be much appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion tracking with duplicate URLs

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Terry,

You have the ability to place your GTM container snippet in all iFrames? If so are you using cross domain? And one more - which trigger are you using with the DOM element as condition?

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net