Analytics
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Conversion tracking on events.. Pls Help :)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I have a tag and trigger setup in Google Tag Manager, that whenever someone clicks a form submit button it triggers a tag. The click class is the same for the 3 different forms on the site and Im happy tracking them all as the same goal. 

Here's the problem.. In GA, the 3 different forms are showing as separate events.. so they are firing... HOWEVER, they are only showing as 1 conversion. Eg. I fired the tag 3 times (once on each form on the site) but it only shows one conversion. 

Any advice to fix this? The forms on my client's site are 'contact', 'request quote' 'booking'.. To keep things simple I am wanting to treat them all as equal.. rather than have 3 separate goals. 

What do you think?

Thanks in advance

Screen Shot 2016-02-13 at 10.22.31 am.pngScreen Shot 2016-02-13 at 10.23.19 am.pngScreen Shot 2016-02-13 at 10.23.48 am.pngScreen Shot 2016-02-13 at 10.24.31 am.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Heaps O
February 2016

Re: Conversion tracking on events.. Pls Help :)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Heaps

As Tomasz said, GA only tracks 1 goal per session. The snap is from: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2679221?hl=en  So you can learn more if needed.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
You have to configure 3 separate goals because Analytics counts only 1 goal for the same user in session.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Heaps O
February 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Heaps

As Tomasz said, GA only tracks 1 goal per session. The snap is from: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2679221?hl=en  So you can learn more if needed.

Capture.PNG

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks guys! much appreciated.
Peace from downunder