AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Conversion tracking facebook adds | Google+ | Chrome

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi community,

I got a problem trying to track a conversion from Facebook ads in Google Analytics, I will explain to you the process I followed.

I click on an ad in Facebook and I completed the process conversion, the pixel conversion is triggered in GTM and I checked and everything looks fine. The problem comes when I check the conversion in Google Analytics and when I went to source, I see it was in social, but to my surprise, when I click on default channel grouping: Social the conversion is in Google+

WHY? I don't understand. A possible explanation is because I logged in in chrome as a user, but it still doesn’t seem logical.

Could someone let me know the explanation for this.

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Curious - try tagging your facebook ads with UTM parameters and see what happens. 

I've observed odd things happening to facebook referrals, when UTM tagging is not present, but it would be odd to be given a whole new attribution.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have to accepted this reply too reply you?