AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Conversion > Shopping Analysis > Sales Performance Report Discrepancy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When comparing the Sales Performance Report to my Hybris eComm data reports, I'm noticing that some orders in Hybris are not appearing on the GA Sales Performance Report.  The majority of the orders are present in both data sources, and the first and last orders for a given day are the same, but throughout a day, some orders that are being processed in Hybris are not present in GA.  Any idea why this might be? GA isn't reporting on a sample size for this report, is it?

Thanks!

Kip

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion > Shopping Analysis > Sales Performance Report Discrepancy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kip,

Most likely for some reason the ecommerce tracking code on your success page is not being fired for some of the orders. It can happen that the user closes the success page before the tracking code has a chance to fire - there might be communication problems between your server and GA or another js resource delays the execution of the tracking script. There were many cases of this behavior reported here on the forums on different ecommerce platforms.

Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Conversion > Shopping Analysis > Sales Performance Report Discrepancy

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Kip - Whatever mechanism that collected data for GA needs to be exactly the same (in the end) as it is within Hybris. What triggers the e-commerce data to populate into Hybris?

As for the sample size question -- this could be an issue IF you receive tons of traffic and are not on a GA 360 plan. There is generally a 'This report is based on ____%' near the timeframe selector within most GA reports.

-Ben