2.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Conversion goals

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I have one query regarding google analytics goal conversion.

Suppose my goal completion URL is www.website.com/step2=complete. Now if i refresh this URL 3 times, will my goal completion count will increase for each refresh or Google analytics will count it as only 1 goal completion?

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion goals

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,
A goal is only counted once per session.
VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply. But if we refresh the page is it treated as a new session or the same session.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Richa B
July 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
If you refresh the page from within the same session (same browser, from the same traffic source and without a 30+ minute break) then no, you will not be counting another conversion. The pageview count for the conversion URL will increase, however.

If you wait 30 minutes or open a new browser window or use a new traffic source, then you will start a new session and in that case a new conversion can be registered for that specific goal.
VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok... Now i got it. Thanks a lot for fast reply Smiley Happy