Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Conversion goals

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I currently have an overall website Conversion Goal (when someone donates to the non-profit) but I would like to track the conversion goal of my website, in exception to those entering through Google Adwords.  

I already set-up Google Ads so that everyone enters a duplicated homepage link (different URL).  My thought process is if I could sent up a Conversion Goal minus one specific landing page but if there is an easier way let me know.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion goals

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

I'm not sure that I understood correctly what you need, can you explain what goal do you want to track and what do you want to exclude? Thanks.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I think that it would be easier to create new goal and setting new path to conversion where first step would be your duplicated homepage marked as "Required" (slider on the right).

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
It's actually even easier to create a separate view that filters out source/medium set to google/cpc and copy the goal there.
But what do I know, right? ;-)
VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Julien,

Actually you know a lot Smiley Happy. I think both solutions will work. I'd personally prefer not to create separate view because I guess I would loose some data - consider this scenario:

1. User comes from cpc/google, does not convert
2. User comes next day directly and converts

In your solution in a view excluding source/medium cpc you wouldn't see any conversion but in your regular view you would see conversion from "Direct/None". That strips you from information that it's actually your paid search effort that led to conversion on your regular page. With my solution you wouldn't have that - you'd see conversion from google/cpc but in goal configured for no-google/cpc funnel so you would know where that conversion originated from.

If I'm mistaken somehow in my reasoning please let me know - I'm always eager to learn.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Your "production" or "raw data" view would still show you the bigger picture, even more so with Multi-Channel Funnels :-)
VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan