Analytics
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Conversion goal setup for Intershop

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am trying to do a goal set-up for our Intershop store but have been unable so far to get the correct goal set-up.  There are dynamic elements to the URL, so I will need some sort of regex. 

My URLs are like this:

Cart : /INTERSHOP/web/WFS/FGC-FGCBusiness-Site/en_US/-/[Dynamic]/ViewData-Start/[Dynamic]?JumpTarget=ViewCart-View

Checkout Success: /INTERSHOP/web/WFS/FGC-FGCBusiness-Site/en_US/-/[Dynamic]/ViewData-Start/[Dynamic]?JumpTarget=ViewCheckoutConfirmation-Start&OrderID=[Dynamic]

How can I set this up to work properly? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion goal setup for Intershop

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

If you just enter the static part of the URL that indicates successful checkout and try to verify it, what does it show?
Is that static part of the URL unique to the success page or can it be visible in some other URL in some other stage of purchase?
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There is an ID field that is unique per transaction that appears in the URLs.  Also at the success and order ID generated and that too is dynamic.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There is an ID field that is unique per transaction that appears in the URLs.  Also at the success and order ID generated and that too is dynamic.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
We cannot easily match dynamic values so I'm interested about static parts of the URL (parameter names) that are visible only when the order is succesful.
Another option would be implementing eCommerce tracking. If you think that customer might purchase twice during one session goal tracking records only 1 conversion where eCom tracking records both or several.
--

Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've experienced limited success so far with a regex on the destination URL matching this pattern:

/INTERSHOP/web/WFS/FGC-FGCBusiness-Site/en_US/-/.*/ViewData-Start/.*\?JumpTarget=ViewCheckoutReview-Start

However, it seems that Analytics has not picked up all conversion URLs despite this being the correct formula (it did pick up 2 out of 12 orders)

How does E-Commerce tracking work?  I may only have a standard implementation.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Can you paste those 12 or more URLs that indicates that the order is confirmed?

In eCom tracking you add additional code snippet to thank you page that captures all the information about the order.
It requires some coding work since the amount of order lines vary with different products of course.

In exchange you get A LOT more information. But if you just need the number of orders then it is a overkill.
You can check if eCom is enabled under Conversions->E-Commerce
--