Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Rate of a non-Landing Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

By now I'm able to get my Goal Conversion Rate for Landing Pages. I'm looking for a possibility to get the CR for a page/pagetype independently from being the users entry point to my page or not.

Is this possible?

Can I even get the CR specifically for pageviews that don't happen on a Landing Page but after a click-trough?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Harry V
March 2016

Re: Conversion Rate of a non-Landing Page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
The problem is scope. Goal Conversion Rate is calculated from the (goal completions) / (sessions that had a specific landing page). Both are session-scoped, so you can put them in a report together (Landing Page and Goal Completion Rate). A non-landing page is not a session-scoped dimension, so you can't mix them.

What you need to do is to create a segment for a specific page (which gives you all sessions involving that page), and look at the overall Goal Conversion Rate metric.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Harry V
March 2016

Re: Conversion Rate of a non-Landing Page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
The problem is scope. Goal Conversion Rate is calculated from the (goal completions) / (sessions that had a specific landing page). Both are session-scoped, so you can put them in a report together (Landing Page and Goal Completion Rate). A non-landing page is not a session-scoped dimension, so you can't mix them.

What you need to do is to create a segment for a specific page (which gives you all sessions involving that page), and look at the overall Goal Conversion Rate metric.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.