Analytics
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Pages and Contact Form 7

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ive been trying to setup my google analytics and google adwords accounts to report goal conversions so that I can see what keywords and campaigns are resulting in contact form submissions via Contact Form 7 and wordpress. It took me a while to configure the right code on my contact form pages that result in goals showing in Conversions under Google Analytics which Ive confirmed in . But how do I display these conversions against the keyword that drove the contact form to be used ?

I had to set the contact form up to use a dummy page as an event because Contact form 7 keeps the viewer on the same page and doesnt redirect to a thankyou page or equivalent.

Is this why Im not seeing any goal data in my keywords ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion Pages and Contact Form 7

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Jason,

If you have the goal configured and coded correctly, you would see conversions (if conversions ocurred).

If you have conversions then you can use the Keywords report to see the conversion data by selecting it from the summary tab or using the goal set tab.

If you have GA and AdWords synced, you should also see this data in the AdWords section of GA.

Not having real thank you pages can be very problematic! If possible, I would rectify that and deploy different pages or pass a parameter into the URL and have the page redraw with something like example.com/service?submit=true

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn