AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Conversino Tracking Using call tracing of google event using JS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dears,

I would like to track conversions (registrations),  but the problem is that registration form is in popup and it does not redirect to thank you page.

What other solutions can you offer me? How is it possible to track registrations/conversions with Google Analytics?

Developers offered me call tracing of google event using JS, but I am not deeply sure if it is possible and how it works.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversino Tracking Using call tracing of google event using JS

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Form submissions can be captured using JS onClick event tracking as your developers have suggested. It is a very common method of capturing click-type actions on websites.

Note that you will be asked whether you want it to be an interaction or non-interaction event. An interaction event affects time on page and session duration metrics (usually making them non-zero on exit pages).

You could also track it as a pageview using the same technique. You can now create goals for Events as well as Pageviews, but the two are not quite the same. My personal preference for a popup form submission would be to use a pageview.

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Conversino Tracking Using call tracing of google event using JS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Mike

Could you describe me more how it works? Will it capture all click on "submit" button, or only succesful submission will be tracked.

Also I wonder how precise it is to use event tracking vs tracking destination URL.

And the last question, how should I configure it on Google Analytics side?

Thanks a lot.