AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Confirmation page with Unique form number in url

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have a form to collect leads and this form gives a confirmation page upon successful submission.URI on confirmation page is something like this example.com/thankyou&formid=1234567

formid part is unique number.

When I check Behavior>Content>allpages and filter results  to view only /thankyou URI, I get a number of pages without the formid part.For example I find that 50 page views  of /thankyou and then one view for each form with unique form id number attached. 

I find this confusing. Where did all the URI with no formid attached to it come from?

Confirmation page with Unique form number in url

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sueh16,

This may be due to a redirecting URL, you have to check this with your developers. There is a slight possibility that user is going to /thankyou and it redirects to /thankyou&formid=1234 after form id is generated.

Also a Suggestion: Since, formid is unique, you should consider using formid as parameter. Doing this you will combined pageviews of all your /thankyou pages and create a custom url parameter, there you will get all unique formid.