Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Confirmation page with Unique form number in url

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have a form to collect leads and this form gives a confirmation page upon successful submission.URI on confirmation page is something like this example.com/thankyou&formid=1234567

formid part is unique number.

When I check Behavior>Content>allpages and filter results  to view only /thankyou URI, I get a number of pages without the formid part.For example I find that 50 page views  of /thankyou and then one view for each form with unique form id number attached. 

I find this confusing. Where did all the URI with no formid attached to it come from?

Confirmation page with Unique form number in url

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sueh16,

This may be due to a redirecting URL, you have to check this with your developers. There is a slight possibility that user is going to /thankyou and it redirects to /thankyou&formid=1234 after form id is generated.

Also a Suggestion: Since, formid is unique, you should consider using formid as parameter. Doing this you will combined pageviews of all your /thankyou pages and create a custom url parameter, there you will get all unique formid.