Analytics
6.9K members online now
6.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Comparing time spent on site for users converting vs. not-converting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having trouble finding (or creating) a report where I can determine the average time spent on the site for users that converted versus users that do not.  I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction. My assumption is that I need to create two segments. A conversion segment (with condition Goal Completion > 0) and a non-converting segment (condition Goal Completion < 0).  

What if there are goals set up that are not related to actual conversion (purchase)?  My segment would count those users (e.g. if a goal is set up for downloading a pdf).  Maybe "Transactions" is a better condition to look at, but I think that's only if Advanced Ecommerce is configured.

Thanks,

Kip

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Comparing time spent on site for users converting vs. not-converting

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Kip,

You are on the right track. First GA system has similar segments for all accounts so you may not need to create one. That said, in your case, you probably want to create a segment using conditions tied to the goals in which you are interested. i.e. Goal 1 Contact Us conversions >0 etc. Rather than all conversions. This can be done in the advanced section of the segmentation UI. You can just type "goal" and the list of dimensions and metrics will be filtered for you.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn