Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Client ID Global Tracking Help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is not SEO related but client related. 
There is a website that uses Google Analytics tracking to identify each one of their users. 
This website has a blocking system that is preventing me from viewing some of their content, which I'd like to view.

I figured out that the website uses the Google Analytics cookie to somehow identify me.

Is there a way I can somehow spoof the client-ID from Google Analytics to basically make a new identity for myself? I'm also running the Google Analytics opt-out Chrome Extension.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Have you tried disabling js in your browser?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No, I will try that now.

Update : The site will not show the content

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Might require js to display it.. 
what if you enable js and block cookies.
As for being seen as a different user.. simply clearing cookies and browser cache should do that.. 
Unless the site is using GA User ID feature and is applying some kind of identification when you log into the website or similar.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here