1.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Checkout labeling

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

We have very long checkout process. We have implemented all 13 checkout step data layers on the page within GTM. Everything works fine. But, i wanted to setup checkout labels on view settings, but after 8th  there is no option to add any. Ok, i assume it's limit (also i didn't find any information about this..). Will I be able to see all this data about 13 checkout steps in custom reports, for example, using "shopping stage" dimension - or there also will be limits?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Checkout labeling

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

you can actually get people to get through that?!? Smiley Very Happy

Do you think you could combine few? If you're asking name in one and address in another could they both be step: 'Personal Information'?

If you have page view (virtual or real) on each step you could use flow report to some extent or check from under Content if some of them have abnormal exit rate.

Shopping stage includes the whole shopping process from product view to transaction so dunno if that serves you right.

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Checkout labeling

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Would you happen to have the process you used to implement this into the dataLayer? Also trying to use the checkout labelling, but Shopify support says to just use Goal Funnel instead. Thanks

Checkout labeling

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If you can get this code into place:

https://developers.google.com/tag-manager/enhanced-ecommerce#checkoutstep

And name the steps in GA Admin you should be golden...

--

Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Checkout labeling

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What are the benefits of using checkout labels over creating your funnel with Goals?

Checkout labeling

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Goal is recorded only once per session. If you are sure that nobody ever buys twice during same session or you would not care about it and you do not have any other data to present with the checkout step then I guess you could use Goal funnels or Goal flow since I would say that funnels are inaccurate.

But also then you should have at least one checkout step defined in order to have consistent reports

--