AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4K members online now
4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Checkout Option changes dinamically

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

One question about checkout options.

When I'm tracking an option I can see it in reports, for example 'Purchase order number'.

2016-05-31_15-00-59.jpg

But then I'm placing an order with other payment option and all previous payment methods changing to new payment option (Credit Card).

Anyone know about this?

2016-05-31_15-08-36.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Checkout Option changes dinamically

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

checkout option is intended to use to track the stages of checkout so when the process advances the stage changes too. I think if you want to preserve for example payment type you define it in Checkout step.

To be honest the documentation was a bit sketchy but if I understood checkout options are subject to change as customer advances and option that you set in checkout step is permanent...
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.