Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Cannot track value price

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Conversions cannot track revenue. We have setup 4 events and 4 Goals, but only 3 events are shown in the reports (the add to cart, proceed to checkout and proceed to pay. the other event named success payment where it has the purchase price value doesn't show anywhere in analytics). We have implemented a php function to get the total $$$ value for the Goal.

ga('send', 'event', {
'eventCategory': 'purchase',
'eventAction': 'order',
'eventValue': <?php echo $data->amount_clean ?>
});

but something doesn't work properly because revenue is not shown in the user report and the goal is not triggered. 
In Analytics --> Admin View Settings --> Goals --> Value 
i have left this empty. turned this to YES to track the value from the code in my site. 
1 Expert replyverified_user

Cannot track value price

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi George,

First, the obvious question:  Why aren't you just using ecommerce/enhanced ecommerce for this? 

Second:  A possible cause of your problem:  The value of the event must be an integer so make sure you are passing only whole numbers (100 instead of 99.99).  I imagine that is what amount_clean is attempting but make sure that is actually what is happening.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn