AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Canceled eCommerce Transactions Does Not Show for Campaign Views

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Scenario:

• User clicks on Adwords campaign named "Running Shoes" and makes a transaction.
  • GA records an eCommerce transaction for the campaign named "Running Shoes"
  • User cancels the order
  • The backend system sends GA a negative price with the same transaction ID

What I want:

An accurate view of campaign performance by revenue, including canceled transactions. 

Problem:

When looking at the campaign eCommerce value for my campaign "Running Shoes", it does not contain the canceled amount. The eCommerce value for "Running Shoes" is therefore, not accurate.

How can I get canceled transactions to show when looking at my campaigns?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Joseph,

You should see what you expect but you have to have a date range that includes not only the original transaction but the date on which the negative amount was updated.   E.g. transaction on March 1 for 100, refund on March 10 for -50.  If you include either date you'll only get either 100 or -50 but if you use a range that includes both dates, you'll see 50.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Theo, I see the canceled transactions included in the eCommerce Conversions views but not the Acquisition --> Campaigns view.

I'm including the right date range in my reports.

When my backend sends GA eCommerce canceled transactions, GA thinks it's coming from (not set) which makes sense. 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hey Joseph,

Got it.   Are you are using the Measurement protocol to send the cancellation?  If so,  you need to capture the client id, store it,  and then resend with the hit and your reports should be clean. 

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn