Analytics
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Can we ask Ad Blockers for permission to use Cookies?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I have uBlock installed on my Chrome browser.

I see that it's blocking Google Analytics.  

A lot of websites are asking for permission to use cookies, so I thought maybe there was a standard way to ask and get the blocker to allow analytics tracking.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author MrAnalogy
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @MrAnalogy,

The purpose of the tool is to block the actions of tracking such as Google Analytics and it creates issues for those that manage & use Google products, like AdWords, Analytics, etc.. The best course of action is to remove it or disable it while using the management dashboards of these products. 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author MrAnalogy
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @MrAnalogy,

The purpose of the tool is to block the actions of tracking such as Google Analytics and it creates issues for those that manage & use Google products, like AdWords, Analytics, etc.. The best course of action is to remove it or disable it while using the management dashboards of these products. 

Kind Regards,

James