AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Can't set Destination URL as Conversion

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to set Destination (URL Succes Message Page) as conversion on Google Analytics, I sat the URL, I ran some test, but Analytics didn't count any. I tryed several adresses but still, it doesn´t count any conversion.

Note: The tracking code is on the document, I ran Google Tag Assistant and it is there.

Settings:

URL Target 1: http://www.mensulaingenieros.com/en_contacto_exito_mensula_ingenieros_medellin_bogota_colombia.php

URL Target 2:
http://www.mensulaingenieros.com/contacto_exito_mensula_ingenieros_medellin_bogota_colombia.php

I tried all match types (Equals to, Begins with, or Regular expression), and URL forms (/contacto_exito_mensula_ingenieros_medellin_bogota_colombia.php, and en_contacto_exito_mensula_ingenieros_medellin_bogota_colombia.php)
but it didn't work either.

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Federico.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't set Destination URL as Conversion

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Federico :-)
1) Make sure your visits are not being blocked by GA via filter or similar
2) How are the pages reported in the Behaviour > Site Content > All pages report?
Is it just the Request URI that gets tracked eg /en_contacto_exito_mensula_ingenieros_medellin_bogota_colombia.php or does the whole URL with the domain name get tracked too eg http://www.mensulaingenieros.com/en_contacto_exito_mensula_ingenieros_medellin_bogota_colombia.php
3) If its a very new page, or doesnt get a lot of traffic etc, the goal verification may not work correctly and is not always a clear indicator.
4) Assuming your visits are not being blocked by a filter, when you visit the page(s) are you able to see your own activity to those pages in the GA Real Time reporting?
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
To build on Bronwyn's excellent response, note that you can set a generic goal named "Exito (success)" with destination URL set to (regular expression) "exito"
VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Bronwyn,

Thanks for everything, now is working. ;-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Julien,

I have two URL targets, one in Spanish the Other one in English, will it count the conversion separately if I set the following names?

English Contact Form
en_contacto_exito

Spanish Contact Form
contacto_exito