Analytics
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Can't see events under behaviour > events, only real time > events

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to watch an event to track button clicks and for some reason I only see it under the "real time" category but not under the "behaviour" category.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

The code that I'm including on my site is this:

formBtn.on("click", function () {
                ga('send', {
                    hitType: 'event',
                    eventCategory: 'Careers',
                    eventAction: 'Click apply button',
                    eventLabel: 'Software Sales Representative'
                });
            });

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark L
November 2015

Re: Can't see events under behaviour > events, only real time >

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Mark, how are things?

If you're seeing the events on real-time, they should go into your reports, or you wouldn't see them at all. Have you check if you have the current day selected on your calendar? By default, Analytics does not select current day, which may trick you.

Also, check if you don't have any filters applied of any kind that may change what you're seeing. On important thing is that analytics can take up to 48h to receive full information, so within that time frame, you may still not fully see the data on your reports.

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm well thanks.
Yes I did check that it was displaying results for the current day. I don't have any filters applied right now. It's been longer than 48 hours since the first time I've tried but I tried again today so maybe this time it will show up, still nothing yet under the "behaviour" section though. If it shows up under real time I would assume it would show up in all other areas?

Here's an example of what I'm seeing:

Behaviour section picture: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xm9y1v2jlx5di80/behaviour.jpg?dl=0

Real time section picture: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4h0dx1il2gqgjgy/real_time.jpg?dl=0

You can see real time shows an event but behaviour doesn't.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Nevermind, I'm seeing the events now, I guess it just took some time to show up. Thanks for your help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello, Mark,
I have faced with the same issue and have the same pictures of Behaviour Section and Real Time one. More than 72 hours have already passed and still no data in Behaviour section.

I have some aspect. My site with analytics.js is running in iframe of another site (that does not have analytics).
When I target my site directly the events are shown in the behaviour section but it is empty when runs from iframe.

Any advice/comment will be helpful.

Can't see events under behaviour > events, only real time > events

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I didn't find useful solution for this questions. So I will just ask again and hopefully this post will surface up and some experts can help solve this. We've installed an event tracking for 1 week. We can see data in Real Time but not under Behavior-Events-Top Event. We are pretty sure we didn't install filters that might filter out the data. Anyone has any ideas what went wrong? Thanks in advance for your response!