Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Can a regex goal interfere with destination goals?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am currently trying to set up 3 destination goals fro application completions. The goals are all set up correctly, but they just aren't tracking. Then I realized that there is an additional regex goal that contains an element that exists in all the other URL's in the destination goal. Can that regex goal possibly be interfering with my destination goals? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Can a regex goal interfere with destination goals?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

When you are testing goals.. each goal will only register once as a goal conversion during the same session.
So..if the goals are configured correctly, you should be able to see the conversions in the real time reports.. however you will then have to either clear your browser cache and cookies.. to begin a new session if you want to retest.. or leave the site for at least 30mins to allow the current session to end before retesting.

If creating funnels.. goal match type cant be changed within a funnel. All steps for the same funnel must use the same match type.

If first step of funnel is required, it only affects the funnel visualization reports. Goals will still register as conversions within the other goal reports even if the first step is not completed. 

With the destination goals, do you have them configured as the same way they are reported in the Behavior > Site content > All pages report

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here