Analytics
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Campaigns tracking issues with LeadPages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a created a landing page with Leadpages.net. I set up a few campaigns with the proper UTM parameters and a goal.

In all the reports i see the source, medium, keyword etc properly. However when i look at the conversions stats the source/Medium is always my leadpages sub domain and not the actual campaign attributes - 'XYZ.leadpages.co / referral'. I am hosting the landing page on my own domain and not using Leadpages subdomain.

Any ideas why this happens and I cant see the actual source/Medium of my conversions?

Thanks,

E

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Campaigns tracking issues with LeadPages

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Web N,

try to include your domain in referral-exclusion list in Analytics 'Admin > Property > Tracking Info'.

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Christoph,
I already have my domain in the exclusion list. Maybe I should exclude leadpages.co domain?

Thanks,
E

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi E,

just to make it clearer for us - would you provide us some sample URLs where your traffic is coming from, where the landing pages are, and where the conversions are being measured?

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Christoph,

I have the same issue as well. When looking at the source/medium for the goal, it says ourdomain.leadpages.co / referral. We're trying to see what channels are contributing to this goal but they all seem to be coming from the leadpages landing page. Which to be honest, is a leadpages page that is residing on our domain URL through a WP plugin.

The current goal is two steps: 1) visitor lands on landing page 2) thank you page

To get the correct source do I need to create a separate goal for visitors only hitting the landing page in addition to the goal of the thank you page? I thought GA would be able to attribute the source of the traffic to the landing page.

Thank you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Maybe someone has solved this issue? I can't see correct source as well.

Campaigns tracking issues with LeadPages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the exact same issue. Traffic is going to https://37parallel.com/evidence-based-investing/ via organic and ppc, with the tracked goal completion url of https://37parallel.com/evidence-based-investing-download/. However, a significant portion of my traffic is credited to nesteggrx.lpages.co / referral.

If I exclude that domain using a referral exclusion list, will that traffic be marked as direct / (none)?