Analytics
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Campaigns through URL builder not showing revenue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey, 

I have created several campaigns with Google URL Builder. The first few were showing revenue associated to each campaign however now they are not. Revenue & transactions are both now coming up as $0 with the campaigns I have created and under (not set) in my campaign reports. I have tested the links and made purchases and whilst my click shows under the correct campaign source, the revenue remains $0 and shows on reports as (not set). Any ideas how to get the revenue/transactions to associate with my campaign?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Campaigns through URL builder not showing revenue

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hey Steve,

Is there any reason you aren't using auto tagging? With the introduction of flexible autotagging, Google will attach the tags missing from your manual tags if you've selected the option to "Allow manual tags to override autotagging" under Admin > Property Settings. This means that anything you've missed, Google will pick up for you.

Apart from the manual tagging bit, there could be a couple of possibilities here.

1) The source is lost on the landing page of the website. This can happen if there's a redirect between the destination URL and the landing page, which removes the utm tags.

2) There might be an attribution error at the payment gateway - which will allow sessions to be attributed correctly, but will hinder transaction/revenue attribution. Have you checked on that? Usually, using referral exclusions in the Analytics account, or utm_nooveride=1 on the landing page after the payment gateway helps in these situations.

Regarding the click count increasing - that has nothing to do with attribution in Analytics. It's copy pasted data from AdWords.

Cheers,
Arjun