Analytics
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Campaign report not showing ecommerce conversion data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I currently have ecommerce tracking setup correctly on each of my conversions and can see all of my data as expected in my "Transactions" view. And i have a campaign link which is also being tracked correctly in my "All Campaigns" view. There is a transaction I am sure was a result of a campaign and can see this based on my servers access logs as well. But i cannot see this revenue in the Campaigns view when looking at the ecommerce conversion data. It still shows all zeros for Transactions and Revenue. I currently do have Ecommerce tracking enabled for my view but do not have "Enhanced Ecommerce" turned on but swithing this on did not seem to make a difference.

Would greatly appreciate any advice on where i should start trying to debug this issue. And if any other information is needed. Best i can find on google on this type of issue if a some shopify threads showing this being broken but then eventually fixed but no reasoning behind what may have caused it. Also i do not have shopify but custom built application.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dennis R
March 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Upon further inspection it seems my system is using the "autolink" method but it is not setting the "decorateForms" parameter on that command. Our two domains are linked by way of a form submission. Will try to enable this parameter and test to see if this indeed solved my issue.

For more information see https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/linker

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

In the transactions report what is the traffic source for the transaction? It can happen that somewhere in the checkout process a new session is triggered and the source data is lost for the transaction. You can do a test transaction and record the entire process using the Google Tag Assistant Chrome extension for debugging.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6277302?hl=en

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6277313?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It seems this might have been the issue. The campaign on that transaction was "(not set)" and the Source/Medium were not what was expected. Thanks so much for the suggestion of the Chrome extension it helped to clarify my issue. And you were right it seems that there are two sessions that were recorded both with different attributes. I think the issue stems from the fact that there two domains that we've linked using the GA linker. Is this a limitation of linking that the campaign attributes are not carried through to linked domains. Is there perhaps a setting or other information i can send to allow that campaign info to be registered on the second domain.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dennis R
March 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Upon further inspection it seems my system is using the "autolink" method but it is not setting the "decorateForms" parameter on that command. Our two domains are linked by way of a form submission. Will try to enable this parameter and test to see if this indeed solved my issue.

For more information see https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/linker