Analytics
6.8K members online now
6.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Campaign on multiple websites tracked via frame

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

we run several shops in different languages and have a campaign which is hosted on a frame placed on one of the websites. 

The trouble is when users reach this precise landing page on the websites on which the frame is not hosted, the hits get attributed to the host website. Our numbers for this website are artificially boosted whereas we can only use the landing page reports for other countries...

I have tried excluding these hits on the admin by using the filter field and adding the pattern of the url generated for each country. Nothing happened.

Does anyone know how to solve it?

Re: Campaign on multiple websites tracked via frame

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Pauline,

Do you have cross domain tracking up, have access to the Iframe and do you have the same GA code within the iframe?

I think the solution could be a case of setting up cross domain tracking https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034342?hl=en

Re: Campaign on multiple websites tracked via frame

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Olufunmi.

We don't have cross domain tracking. I am not sure whether we should implement it or not. We are still in the free version of Analytics and quite near to the monthly hits limit, with some variations due to seasonality.

Especially because of the host domain this would mean we would go over the ratio. I have no idea whether Google actually does limit the hits within Analytics if we happen to be slightly over the official number?

Regarding the problem we have, assuming we do activate the cross domain tracking, we should then apply a custom made filter for each country, right? But then I assume we would still have the same issue in the property of the main domain, with all virtual pageviews from the other websites being attributed to it?