AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Calculated Metrics and Event Actions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to setup a metric using calculated metrics that shows me the number of videos that are played without an ad being served. In order to get that number, I need to subtract total events for one EVENT ACTION from total events related to another EVENT ACTION. Is this possible using Calculated Metrics? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Calculated Metrics and Event Actions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jane,

Not sure if this is applicable in your situation but I've definitely done something similar where my Events were being tracked as Goals and we did our calculations from there.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Calculated Metrics and Event Actions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've done this with destination URLs, but it doesn't seem as intuitive (if possible) to use goals in the manner I'm describing. For example, I want to know the number of videos that get played without an ad being served. In order to get that information, I need to take the total number of `firstframe` events and subtract them from the total number of `autoplay` events.