Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

CPC and CPM data appearing in 'Others' Channel despite customised channel grouping

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any help appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Helen J
March 2016

Re: CPC and CPM data appearing in 'Others' Channel despite customised channel grouping

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Helen,

I remember that there had been an issue with the '/' of 'google / cpc' in custom channels. It worked with 'Source' or 'Medium', but it didn't with 'Source / Medium'. It may be still a bug here.

I wonder if you should mix up system-defined rules and your own rules - just trust your own rules if you set up custom rules ...

You may set up a flat-table custom report with dimensions

default channel grouping
source / medium
ad distribution network
campaign

one besides the other to get a clearer view of what is Google assigning here for the given marketing channels.

Christoph

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Helen J
March 2016

Re: CPC and CPM data appearing in 'Others' Channel despite customised channel grouping

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Helen,

I remember that there had been an issue with the '/' of 'google / cpc' in custom channels. It worked with 'Source' or 'Medium', but it didn't with 'Source / Medium'. It may be still a bug here.

I wonder if you should mix up system-defined rules and your own rules - just trust your own rules if you set up custom rules ...

You may set up a flat-table custom report with dimensions

default channel grouping
source / medium
ad distribution network
campaign

one besides the other to get a clearer view of what is Google assigning here for the given marketing channels.

Christoph

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
According to [1], 'Paid Search' in Default Channel Groupings is defined by the source being 'cpc', 'ppc', or 'paiddsearch'.

Anybody maybe changed that setting at some earlier point?

[1] https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3297892?hl=en