AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

CPC and CPM data appearing in 'Others' Channel despite customised channel grouping

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any help appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Helen J
March 2016

Re: CPC and CPM data appearing in 'Others' Channel despite customised channel grouping

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Helen,

I remember that there had been an issue with the '/' of 'google / cpc' in custom channels. It worked with 'Source' or 'Medium', but it didn't with 'Source / Medium'. It may be still a bug here.

I wonder if you should mix up system-defined rules and your own rules - just trust your own rules if you set up custom rules ...

You may set up a flat-table custom report with dimensions

default channel grouping
source / medium
ad distribution network
campaign

one besides the other to get a clearer view of what is Google assigning here for the given marketing channels.

Christoph

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Helen J
March 2016

Re: CPC and CPM data appearing in 'Others' Channel despite customised channel grouping

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Helen,

I remember that there had been an issue with the '/' of 'google / cpc' in custom channels. It worked with 'Source' or 'Medium', but it didn't with 'Source / Medium'. It may be still a bug here.

I wonder if you should mix up system-defined rules and your own rules - just trust your own rules if you set up custom rules ...

You may set up a flat-table custom report with dimensions

default channel grouping
source / medium
ad distribution network
campaign

one besides the other to get a clearer view of what is Google assigning here for the given marketing channels.

Christoph

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
According to [1], 'Paid Search' in Default Channel Groupings is defined by the source being 'cpc', 'ppc', or 'paiddsearch'.

Anybody maybe changed that setting at some earlier point?

[1] https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3297892?hl=en