Analytics
7K members online now
7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Bounce Rate suddenly very high - beautybook.nykaa.com

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Bounce Rate suddenly very high with no change in tracking parameters or tags. This is the website I'm referring to : beautybook.nykaa.com

Have checked that my code is in the footer of the website and not repeating/missing.

This is the GA Tag : UA-31866293-4.

This changed after June 28th, and has been high ever since. Please suggest if something is implemented wrongly here?

Screenshot_17.png

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Paras R,

check out your refering sites, maybe some of the spam bots are crawling your site which causing a sudden increase in bounce rate. make sure to exclude all spam referrers. you can install simo ahava's spam filter which automatically removes any new spam referrer coming to your site. http://www.simoahava.com/spamfilter/

hope this help

cheers

Noman Karim

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Is it possible that you had multiple tracking codes on your website?
Because bounce rate prior to this date is suspiciously low and this is common when you have multiple tracking codes on website without proper configuration or the same code multiple times.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tomasz,

Our developers checked. Only one tracking code is firing. Could there be any other reasons?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Perhaps its a cache or cdn problem? The multiple tracking code problem . .