AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Behavior Overview Behavior

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I take the link under Page somehow garbage text is being appended to the front of the link making it look like the link is broken but it is not. I don't know if our CMS is doing this or Google Analytics. 

Instead of https://wellcare.destinationrx.com/PlanCompare/Consumer/type1/2016/Compare/GetStarted

It goes to: http://plans.well-care-plans.comwellcare.destinationrx.com/PlanCompare/Consumer/type1/2016/Compare/G...

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Linda L
November 2015

Re: Behavior Overview Behavior

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Linda,

you mean the small grey links in your page reports? Unfortunately, that's standard behavior if you modfied the page URLs in your Analytics report in order to include the domain name as well. You might have been using cross-domain tracking in your Analytics setup - so it's mandatory to have that filter in use.

The domain inclusion in that grey links comes from the Website's URL setting in your Analytics view settings. Unfortunately, you cannot leave that setting empty (which would resolve the issue).

So, there is currently no way to get rid of that problem besides manually changing the URL in your browser after you clicked on that grey link. I know that's awkward ...

Christoph

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Linda,

It's most likely caused by a filter. Please check your filters if you can find any references to plans.well-care-plans.com. Please let me know what you find.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Linda L
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Linda,

you mean the small grey links in your page reports? Unfortunately, that's standard behavior if you modfied the page URLs in your Analytics report in order to include the domain name as well. You might have been using cross-domain tracking in your Analytics setup - so it's mandatory to have that filter in use.

The domain inclusion in that grey links comes from the Website's URL setting in your Analytics view settings. Unfortunately, you cannot leave that setting empty (which would resolve the issue).

So, there is currently no way to get rid of that problem besides manually changing the URL in your browser after you clicked on that grey link. I know that's awkward ...

Christoph