AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Average price discrepancy in reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I see these numbers in reports in Google Analytics:

Town

Transactions: 1

Quantity: 35

Revenue: 116.29 €

Average Price: 44.76 €

I think that average price (=44.76€) in this case is wrong. Why are there discrepancies in some Google Analytics reports and how can I fix them?

Thank you very much for your response

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marek K
December 2015

Re: Average price discrepancy in reports

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Marek,

'Revenue' in Analytics is only defined for transactions, not for products.

To make things clearer, you may create a custom report containing 'transaction ID' as dimension, and 'revenue', 'product revenue', 'quantity', and 'average price' as metrics.

Then you create a a second custom report (flat table) containing 'transaction ID' and 'product' as dimensions, and 'product revenue', 'quantity', and 'average price' as metrics (you won't be able to add 'revenue' column here because it's not defined for products).

Christoph

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Marek,

mathematically, such an average price (= average product price, not average shopping basket) is actually possible if you take into account a lot of low-price products and one higher-prices product for example. Check that single transaction in Ecommerce > Transactions > Transaction ID report if there is any wrong data in that specific transaction basket.

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi webfield,

I want to know the revenue for each product in my report. This is my case:

Town

Transactions: 1

Revenue: 116.29 €

Average Price: 44.76 €

Quantity: 35

Transaction ID: 5331

Product Revenue: 1566.50 €

Product 1:

Product Revenue: 787.50 €

Quantity: 15

Revenue: ???

Product 2:

Product Revenue: 697.50 €

Product 3:

Product Revenue: 81.50 €

Quantity: 5

I want to see not only the Total revenue for this transaction (=116.29 €), but also the revenue for each product. Is this possible? Now I can only see the Product Revenue for each product, but it is not the same as the Revenue.

Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Marek,

Go to Ecommerce > Transactions > Transaction ID report, insert city as secondary dimension, search for your city of interest, click on the corresponding transaction ID and you will see the shopping basket of that transaction.

Christoph

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

But as I mentioned in the previous post, this shows me only the Product Revenue and not the Revenue.

If the Total Revenue is 116.29 €, the Revenue of one product cannot be 787.50 €. It should be number smaller than 116.29. The Product Revenue is 787.50 €, but what is the Revenue for that particular product?

I know the price of the Product 1:

Price: 3€

Revenue: 45€

But I do not see this result in my reports.

Thank you

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Please provide a screenshot or a clear description of which report(s) you're currently describing.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

right now I can see only metric "Product Revenue" for each "Product".

But I want to see the metric called "Revenue" (NOT "Product Revenue") for each Product as I can see for each transaction ID.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marek K
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Marek,

'Revenue' in Analytics is only defined for transactions, not for products.

To make things clearer, you may create a custom report containing 'transaction ID' as dimension, and 'revenue', 'product revenue', 'quantity', and 'average price' as metrics.

Then you create a a second custom report (flat table) containing 'transaction ID' and 'product' as dimensions, and 'product revenue', 'quantity', and 'average price' as metrics (you won't be able to add 'revenue' column here because it's not defined for products).

Christoph