Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Assisted Conversions Issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I'm having troubles understanding how Assisted Conversions work. Not really clear to me... Below, you'll find the Assisted Conversion Tab for a selected period of time. 

Capture d’écran 2016-05-03 à 10.30.47.png

Questions 

- Why do the total of assisted conversions don't match ? (512 VS 779)

- If I want to know how well a FB Ad performed - directly or indirectly - and see how many assisted conversion it did, where should I look? How could a create a custom report for that only?

Thank you very much for your help.

A.

Re: Assisted Conversions Issues

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Why do the total of assisted conversions don't match ? (512 VS 779)

For a given conversion, here is the channels

Direct -> Organic -> Social Network -> Email and then converted.

Here is there is only one conversion, but to this conversion there are three assisted channels - So Actual conversion is 1 and assisted conversions - 3.

Assisted conversions is not the right word, assisted channels for the actual number of conversions. Hope this will clear the first one.

FB Ad performed -
All the traffic from FB will be considered as Social Network. You need to define your own filter to identify the FB traffic and then change the source to FB. Once this is done FB appears as one of the MCF Channel grouping.

Sam

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Antoine,

As defined by Google, Assisted Conversions are:

“the number (and monetary value) of sales and conversions the channel assisted. If a channel appears anywhere—except as the final interaction—on a conversion path, it is considered an assist for that conversion. The higher these numbers, the more important the assist role of the channel.”

In more simple terms, assisted conversions are the interactions that a customer has with a website leading up to a conversion, but not the final interaction. These Assists are assigned a value based on the transaction they contributed to in order to help assign value to their contribution. It is also important to note that Assisted Conversions values can be higher than total Conversion.

" If I want to know how well a FB Ad performed - directly or indirectly - and see how many assisted conversion it did, where should I look? How could a create a custom report for that only?"

Select Primary Dimension Source and filter Facebook from advance filter to see performance of Facebook campaigns.
You can also create "New Conversion Segment" by clicking "Conversion Segment" option and filter your data as per your need.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Vivek,

Thank you for your answer.

For FB, ok, I get it, I will create a custom segment.

For the first question, I'm not really sure to get it. I still don't get why the two different total highlighted in the screenshot don't match.