Analytics
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Analyzing Product Performance and Age

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to segment product performance (product sales) data by age group.  Specifically, I would like to answer the question of what products are most popular by age group.  I can see ecommerce sales by age group and I can see product performance to tell me what products are most popular.  What I haven't found is connecting the two to see what age groups are buying what products.  When I go to the product performance view and select 'age' as a secondary dimension, the data gets all jacked-up and the report is useless.

Can combining product sales data with age be accomplished in Google Analytics?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analyzing Product Performance and Age

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Lysee,

You have to do this in a convoluted way. Basically you need to store the transaction id in a custom dimension, then pull your transaction ids / products and join them with your age / custom dimension (transaction ids). It's pretty straightforward to do in excel with vlookup or in Tableau.

More on custom dimensions here:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2709828?hl=en

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn