Analytics
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics only tracking for a single country

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I'm working on an analytics account from a client (I've inherited it) that has e-commerce and enhanced e-commerce reports enabled. However, I'm having problems when it comes to location tracking.

I know that the website is visited by people from multiple countries because in reports such as the 'audiences' one, there's data showing that (eg: 580 users from Italy and 3889 from Sweden), so location racking is working there.

However, in the 'conversions-related' columns, it seems that all purchases come from a single country (which I doubt it's true) - it's as if analytics is only tracking for a single country or not distinguishing between countries in the ecommerce reports.

I have added a picture so it becomes more clear

problem.png

Can someone tell me what the problem is? Is it the tracking code?.Is it related to the fact that the website is available in different idioms (even though I don't think this has an impact on the country)?

Thanks in advance!

Analytics only tracking for a single country

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

in fact it's not only transactions but also other metrics such as Pages/Sessions, Bounce Rate and Time on Site differs significantly for the Portugal. I'd suggest to check if site has the same functionality for dofferent countries and that it's properly traced for non Portugese users. For example, there could be only allowed transactions in portugal and other users could just explore site or there could be country selector feature on the site and tracking is broken beside it.

Re: Analytics only tracking for a single country

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well the site is indeed in Portuguese (even though English is also available) so it's normal that there are those differences but I'm sure that people from other countries other than Portugal have bought products there. I will check if there are any restrictions to purchases for people from other countries but, as far as I know, everything was working fine a while ago (that is, analytics showed ecommerce-related data for other countries other than Portugal).