Analytics
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics not tracking CPC conversion

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Team, 

My website is www.thelaava.com .  In Google Analytics goal tracking is not clear. I saw that i am getting  conversions from Google cpc but analytics is showing those conversions from paypal.com / referral.

So can you please explain me that why is Google Analytics not showing thses conversions through Google cpc.

Here See:

Selection_113.png

Please suggest.

Thanks

Shilpa Shrotriya

Re: Analytics not tracking CPC conversion

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shilpa,

Whenever a customer leaves your website to make payment via a third party payment gateway and later return to your website from the gateway website, Google Analytics often attribute sales to the payment gateway instead to the original traffic source.

This is quite common in case of PayPal.

It is not possible to completely eliminate such tracking issues but you can definitely minimize.

Please follow all the steps mentioned in this article @ https://www.optimizesmart.com/tracking-true-referrals-in-google-analytics-when-using-paypal-and-othe...

Hope this helps.

Thanks