Analytics
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics labelling my organic traffic as "direct" - GTM

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

we implemented Universal Analytics with GTM.

All the traffic to our site seems to be well tracked, but in the section "acquisition/all traffic/channels/", "organic" traffic is labelled as "direct".

On the other side, In the section "acquisition/search engine optimization" queries and landing pages are reported as they should.

Help please

F

Re: Analytics is not counting my organic traffic - GTM

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Federico,

Why do you think this 'direct' traffic is actually 'organic'?

Re: Analytics is not counting my organic traffic - GTM

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Syed,

thanks for your answer.
Information related to organic traffic in webmaster tools is tracked correctly, as well as I can see traffic going to our landing pages + the queries generating this traffic in the "acquisition/search engine optimization" section of analytics, as specified before.
In the section "acquisition/all traffic/channels/", "organic" traffic is labelled as "direct". This meaning, our "direct" traffic includes the "organic".
It's like something in between the click and the landing blocks the information and generates a "direct" labelling instead of "organic".

Could someone help? ... or try to... Thx! 

F