Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics eCommerce tracking with few edits for provider

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Ive got an 'ecommerce provider' who is unfamiliar with Analytics eCommerce tracking and reluctant to make code edits to support it, so Im looking for a solution that minimises the editing/code changes at their end ie the 'B end'

ie Domain A is where sales prospects enter
   Domain B is a vendor controlled domain where the ecommerce transactions are performed
   Vendor Domain B undertakes transactions for a variety of Domain A'-like websites
   Domain B wish to retain their own Analytics account data

Im seeking a solution that: 
- enabbles Analytics ecommerce tracking for domain A
- minimises customisation for Domain B 
- provides transparency for other Domain A-like transactions (at domain B) that dont wish to capture Analytics Commerce data

I suspect Tag Manager would be easier to setup in this scenario & would value any suggestions
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytics eCommerce tracking with few edits for provider

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Peter C from a minimisation of code point of view, I'd always recommend the Tag Manager route.  There's a learning curve, but once grasped GTM makes tracking (of all manner of events) very much simpler and is ideal in a situation where you have limited (or controlled) access to edit pages.

On the more difficult subject of tracking from A to B (and back), a lot will depend upon the sort of data B returns from a successful transaction.  For example, are visitors returned to a page on A following completion of a transaction?  Does B post any data back via JSON or other methods?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits