5.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics and Wordplay

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys 

One of my clients is having a nightmare situation with his tracking, In AdWords we are seeing around 40 odd conversions a day (it's an e-commerce site). But when you look into analytics on the same day, I am only seeing 8 conversions (transactions).

The purchase process is this: 

click on PPC add >>  select a product onsite >>> add to check out>>> check out goes to world pay>>> purchase complete>>> searcher directed back to site "thank you page". 

My concern is that the jump to WorldPay is causing double counting , but how can the results be soooo different? They are practicly worlds apart? 

please help

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytics and Wordplay

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Adwords conversions are attributed to the conversion at the time of last ad click taking place.. not when the conversion itself happens.
Analytics e commerce transactions (and also goal conversions) are attributed at the time of the transaction or goal occurring.
It can also take up to 72hrs for transactions and goals to be reported in analytics.

For a really good indepth article and comparison,, see the linked page in the Help Docs
Comparing Analytics and AdWords conversion metrics

Thanks
Bronwyn

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here