Analytics
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics Tracking Issue- Duplicating & Random Added Data - Why is this happening?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There, My company have had a google Analytics account since the year 2014. We are having some issue with one of the clients tracking. Ever since the account was set up by a colleague it has not tracked the correct data, could this account be set up wrong and if so do you know where we have went wrong when setting this up as everything is the same in the Goal setting as other clients that work perfectly? 

Could it be the code that needs to be added to the site as we did change the domain at one point and from then on the data has been incorrect every month and nobody we contact can figure out why this is happening? 

We are receiving extra conversions every month that isnt always the same amount, the amount is always at random? 

Has anyone had an issue similar to this? Or experiencing the same thing right now? 

Also if the conversions amount is wrong on analytics will the rest of the data be incorrect? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytics Tracking Issue- Duplicating & Random Added Data - Why is this happening?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

You can check if your tracking code is working properly using the Google Tag Assistant or the GA debugger Chrome extensions. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital