Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics Tracking From Ad to Third Party Shopping Cart

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

So I have a client who wants me to track a series of ads to a landing page on their website and then to a third-party shopping cart with the conversion to member/sale being the ultimate tracking. I've never tracked anything through to a third-party site before and could use an expert's help on what the best course of action would be!

Thanks, Analytics World!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Analytics Tracking From Ad to Third Party Shopping Cart

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Scott,
You'll need to do one of two things.

1) Install the conversion tracking code from AdWords on the final thank you or sign up page. I have a feeling that this isn't possible you right now though.

2) Use the measurement Protocol in GA to send the conversion from the final destination (is it a CRM?) to GA.

You can also upload conversions to AdWords after the fact.

I'll need more info on your setup to be able to provide more info.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Scott,
You'll need to do one of two things.

1) Install the conversion tracking code from AdWords on the final thank you or sign up page. I have a feeling that this isn't possible you right now though.

2) Use the measurement Protocol in GA to send the conversion from the final destination (is it a CRM?) to GA.

You can also upload conversions to AdWords after the fact.

I'll need more info on your setup to be able to provide more info.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks! So by putting the conversion code on the third party cart's thank you page, I should be able to track the process from the ad being clicked to the landing page where it wants customers to shop plans through the third-party cart's thank-you page?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Scott.
That is correct. The trouble is, getting the third party to agree to install the AdWords conversion tracking code there for you.

If it's possible, count yourself lucky.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Scott B

as @Dave_Davis said depending on the cart you may be able to get code on - if they will allow it get google tag manager on it with adwords code in it then you can add other code yourself later like GA code to track other behaviours.

we work with quite a few clients who finish up on a third party and they appear to be getting more open to code form Google as otherwise many clients will leave them for other providers as tracking their conversion is very important to clients.
also seeing things like at which stage of the cart did people abandon - if the cart does not provide that sort of info then they are doing quite a disservice to their customers.

-------------------------
If I answered your question please 'mark as accepted answer & star' so that we know you have what you need
If my answer was helpful/useful but you still need more info please just 'star'
- if I have not answered your question fully then please let me know by reply and I or others will respond