Analytics
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics Total Transactions Discrepancy in Different Sections

SMG Badged Google Partner
Badged Google Partner
# 1
SMG Badged Google Partner
Badged Google Partner

On my ecommerce site, a user can order free samples, so an order total can be $0. 

• In the Adwords section in GA, the $0 orders are being counted in the total transaction count.
  • In the Ecomm section in GA, when an Adwords custom segment is applied, the $0 orders are not listed / not counted in the total transaction count (no transaction ID).
  • In the Conversions section in Adwords, the transaction conversion count also differs for the same time frame, even though the Conversion source is GA. It does seem to include the $0 orders though.

Any thoughts as to why this might be happening?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Analytics Total Transactions Discrepancy in Different Sections

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi SMG,

This depends on how you have this configured.  The AdWords section in GA will pull data from  AdWords and also from GA depending on which report you use.

For comparing the Ecom Report in GA with a segment applied, look at the Source/medium report and google/cpc for your comparison.

Lastly, regardless of configuration, AdWords and GA use different attribution models and the numbers will -- in most cases-- always differ.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn