Analytics
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics Goal Funnel has some strage exits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! I have noticed some strange exits in my analytics goal funnel. Could you look at the screenshots and tell where the problem might be?

Screenshot (290).pngScreenshot (291).pngScreenshot (293).png

Thanks in advance! 

Davit

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author david k
November 2016

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Funnel Visualization doesn't allow you to segment traffic so you can either (a) use the "Goal Flow" report and create a segment that removes the hashtag or create a new view that includes a filter to remove tracking on URL fragment identifiers. 

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Davit, 

Every time you see a subdomain that includes a numerical/hashtag symbol is called a "url fragment identifier" which is indicating a button clicked on a page that should just send the visitor to another part of the same page. 

Let me know if this answers your question! 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Joshua,

thanks for your answer but i have a different problem. The URL where the users exit are actually included in the goal funnel. So i don´t get why they are listed as "exits" to "/CitySelection"  or "/CitySelection#Free" when the URL "/CitySelection" actually is the URL for the next step in the Funnel.

-Davit

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author david k
November 2016

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Funnel Visualization doesn't allow you to segment traffic so you can either (a) use the "Goal Flow" report and create a segment that removes the hashtag or create a new view that includes a filter to remove tracking on URL fragment identifiers. 

Joshua, Rising Star