Analytics
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics Event Goal from Ajax Form Submission

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm using GTM to manage Analytics code in one landing page. I want to track Analytics Goals (form submission via ajax) with an event click, but with no luck.

I have set the goal in analytics admin (category is button, action is click and label is digitalia-promo). I'm using the manual value for any single event (based on a html select choice).

The form submission is made via a jQuery ajax call to a php page.

In the index page I have this code: 

if(choosen=='standard'){ ga('send','event','button','click','digitalia-promo','1400'); }
if(choosen=='ecommerce'){ ga('send','event','button','click','digitalia-promo','1800'); }

The GA function is inside the DONE response of the ajax call. Anyway, no matter what (I've tried a lot), no completed goals are tracked by analytics.

Any help?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Analytics Event Goal from Ajax Form Submission

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Andrea,

The value field is an integer and not text; do you see the event hit's in GA Debug for chrome or dataSlayer (check Chrome Store)? Or in Real Time or regular event reports?

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn