Analytics
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

An error occured while the tag was fired: net::ERR_ABORTED

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I have recently installed Google tag manager. FYI, website url is http://www.exlaluce.com.au/

I have followed all the step from google installation guide (https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/6103696?hl=en) but I am still facing several issues. 

I used google tag assistant in order to see if tag manager was working properly and three errors are coming up. 

First: Invalid or missing account ID.

Second: An error occurred while the tag was fired: net::ERR_ABORTED

Third: Error while sending request: net::ERR_ABORTED

I went through all the google literature and I still can't find the solution. I would appreciate if someone can help me? 

Thanks.

Martin

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

it seems that your GTM implementation is OK.
The "Invalid or missing account ID" error is because you have a new 7 letters GTM identifier. A previous identifiers have 6 letters and Tag Assistant doesn't recognize the new ones properly.

Move your Analytics Tag to GTM, publish your container and you'll see that everything is alright.

I recommend you to use Google Analytics Debugger add-on for Google Chrome.

It will give you an additional informations about your tags works.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tomasz,

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your help.

I am sorry but I have zero knowledge is coding. What do you mean by "Move your Analytics Tag to GTM"? Where is the analytics tag?

I already published my container, now I only have one error (Invalid or missing account ID). Like you said, is it because I have a new GTM identifier which is not recognised? 

Again, thanks for your help. 

Martin