AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

An error occured while the tag was fired: net::ERR_ABORTED

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I have recently installed Google tag manager. FYI, website url is http://www.exlaluce.com.au/

I have followed all the step from google installation guide (https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/6103696?hl=en) but I am still facing several issues. 

I used google tag assistant in order to see if tag manager was working properly and three errors are coming up. 

First: Invalid or missing account ID.

Second: An error occurred while the tag was fired: net::ERR_ABORTED

Third: Error while sending request: net::ERR_ABORTED

I went through all the google literature and I still can't find the solution. I would appreciate if someone can help me? 

Thanks.

Martin

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

it seems that your GTM implementation is OK.
The "Invalid or missing account ID" error is because you have a new 7 letters GTM identifier. A previous identifiers have 6 letters and Tag Assistant doesn't recognize the new ones properly.

Move your Analytics Tag to GTM, publish your container and you'll see that everything is alright.

I recommend you to use Google Analytics Debugger add-on for Google Chrome.

It will give you an additional informations about your tags works.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tomasz,

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your help.

I am sorry but I have zero knowledge is coding. What do you mean by "Move your Analytics Tag to GTM"? Where is the analytics tag?

I already published my container, now I only have one error (Invalid or missing account ID). Like you said, is it because I have a new GTM identifier which is not recognised? 

Again, thanks for your help. 

Martin