AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

All funnels get a conversion when one of them completes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have multiple funnels active for our wizards with whom customers can configure custom made glass products. Each funnel has a required first step (product page) i.e. /products/shower-door/ that is different from all other wizards i.e. /products/mirror/ The wizard steps are also different for each product i.e. /wizards/shower-/door/step/setup/ and /wizards/mirror/step/setup/

For some strange reason, all funnels get a conversion when one of the funnels is completed. I have tested different settings (begins with, regular expression) for the universal destination url /payment-return  But all with the same result. Would be very helpful if someone can help me with this. Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2016-04-11 at 11.23.13.pngScreen Shot 2016-04-11 at 11.23.56.pngScreen Shot 2016-04-11 at 11.24.18.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: All funnels get a conversion when one of them completes

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Tim,

That's completely normal.
"The required first step applies only to the Funnel Visualization report."
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2976313?hl=en
So in all other goal reports the goal completion will be recorded regardless of the funnel settings.
Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: All funnels get a conversion when one of them completes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Arnold,

Thanks for your reply! 

Although I now seem to understand how it is supposed to work, I still think there goes something wrong.

In the attachments you can see 2 screenshots from 2 of our wizards. We only sold 1 "glazen tafelblad" and 1 "spiegel" Analytics reports 3 completed goals for both the wizards, 6 in total. This is not reliable data gathering Smiley Happy

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 14.40.23.pngScreen Shot 2016-04-12 at 14.40.33.png