Analytics
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

AddtoCart doesn´t work properly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

today we implemented the enhanced ecommerce tracking. We use the gtm. The function addtocart doesn´t always work. We used the debug-function of the gtm to determine if the event is triggered and whether data are included.

According to gtm the event is triggered and data are included. But they don´t always show up in analytics.

The enhanced ecommerce tracking option is activated in every activ tag.

What could be wrong?

Our Homepage ist de.personello.com

Thanks in advance.

Laura

Re: AddtoCart doesn´t work properly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I see you have a listener on the add to cart button called getFeatures(). Is that where you do your addToCart dataLayer push? It's not clear where that functionality is. If so, do you do use the eventCallback on the dataLayer.push for addToCart? That's going to be the best way to make sure the data is always submitted.

Another thing that I noticed is you don't have the GTM tag right after the opening body tag. You should move it up there on all pages. Especially since you have like 7 dataLayer pushes that come before the actually inclusion of the gtm.js script. While some of your pushes are event driven, it could still cause inconsistent data now or in the future.