AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Adding in Ecommerce Data Retroactively

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey friends,

Having an issue with an account for a client.

We launched the site about a month ago, but something was wrong with our code implementation and/or settings at first. Traffic data collected fine, but Ecommerce data wasn't collected for the first week or so until we realized the issue and fixed it. What we do have, however, is Shopify reports detailing the ecommerce data that we missed. 

Is there any way to go back retroactively and add that data to GA (or to data studio, which is what we use to report to them)?

Thank you for any and all help!

Jordan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

GA isn't retroactive - Probably simplest approach is to put the data in Google Sheets and use that to generate your report. 

Re: Adding in Ecommerce Data Retroactively

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
And then can I add that data to the data studio sheet? Client is worried
that that data will not be included in the dashboard. Sorry, just started
using data studio about a week ago and still trying to understand how the
inputs work.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Sure - use these instructions.  https://support.google.com/360suite/datastudio/answer/6295223

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So this worked, and I have all of the data in Data Studio as a source. But I can't seem to find a way to use BOTH sources in ONE chart. I need to fill in that missing data within the chart, but still have it auto update with new data from the Google Analytics data source. Is there any way to do this?

Thank you for your help Phillip!

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

You can't combine sources; I've seen a few people use callouts or a little exception chart for data drops next to a primary chart.  Other than that, there are some complex solutions (unless you are on 360 - then you can use the GA - Big Query export).  Probably not worth it.