Analytics
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Adding a 'traffic source' to each conversion?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone.

Is there a way to assign a unique ID and associated 'traffic source' to each conversion?

I have no problem finding out the overall traffic source % for the conversions through Goal Flow, which is very useful, but I need that extra level of detail.

Ideally I'm looking for conversion to be tracked with a unique ID and the 'traffic source' of that conversion packaged together so my client can monitor that info going forwards with that particular person. They've noticed radically conflicting behaviour with their conversions and want to see if there's a difference in behaviour behind someone who has come to the site from an organic search listing VS someone from a social promo or who came to the site directly.

I hope that makes sense, Thanks in advance for any info on this. It's greatly appreciated.

Best,

Scott

1 Expert replyverified_user

Adding a 'traffic source' to each conversion?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

You can pull the GA cookie ID into a custom dimension, then use the existing source dimension to put together a custom report with two dimensions and the conversion metrics in question.

Would this approach work?