AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Adding a custom goal through google analytics for my website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi - I've set up a website for a college project and I am trying to add a custom goal unsuccessfully. I won't even let me go into custom goals. Any advice? Thank you. (A classmate suggested it's due to lack of traffic to my site.)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adding a custom goal through google analytics for my website

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

Please check your access, Only users with Admin access can able to create/modify goals.

As you are saying, it's not allowing, then it might be an permission issue. Who created this Google Analytics account, ask him/her to provide admin access.

This should resolve the issue. It's nothing to do with the traffic to the site.

Sam.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Stephanie,

Please check if you have Edit permissions for the View where you're trying to add a goal.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2884495?hl=en

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated. I do have edit permissions set up so I don't think it's that. Stephanie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Sam for your response. It is much appreciated. I am the one who set up the google analytics account and I do have permission to edit it so it's not that...it's wrecking my head now! Stephanie

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Click on the Admin at the top -> select Goal under View, you must be able to see '+New Goal' enabled to create a goal.

If it's not then go to Account and check your permissions.

Sam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Sam - I am able to see +new goal but it still won't let me create a custom one. My lecturer has agreed its OK for me to add a template one. Thanks again Stephanie

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Bit strange, there must be some one here from Google, you can drop a mail to them to fix this issiue.

'GOOGLE' hope you are checking this one, please do the needful.