Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Adding a custom goal through google analytics for my website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi - I've set up a website for a college project and I am trying to add a custom goal unsuccessfully. I won't even let me go into custom goals. Any advice? Thank you. (A classmate suggested it's due to lack of traffic to my site.)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adding a custom goal through google analytics for my website

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

Please check your access, Only users with Admin access can able to create/modify goals.

As you are saying, it's not allowing, then it might be an permission issue. Who created this Google Analytics account, ask him/her to provide admin access.

This should resolve the issue. It's nothing to do with the traffic to the site.

Sam.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Stephanie,

Please check if you have Edit permissions for the View where you're trying to add a goal.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2884495?hl=en

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated. I do have edit permissions set up so I don't think it's that. Stephanie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Sam for your response. It is much appreciated. I am the one who set up the google analytics account and I do have permission to edit it so it's not that...it's wrecking my head now! Stephanie

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Click on the Admin at the top -> select Goal under View, you must be able to see '+New Goal' enabled to create a goal.

If it's not then go to Account and check your permissions.

Sam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Sam - I am able to see +new goal but it still won't let me create a custom one. My lecturer has agreed its OK for me to add a template one. Thanks again Stephanie

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Bit strange, there must be some one here from Google, you can drop a mail to them to fix this issiue.

'GOOGLE' hope you are checking this one, please do the needful.