AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Add date to transaction data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm collecting lead generation enquiries with the google analytics client id and I'm then using google hit builder to send transaction data to Google Analytics later if the lead converts. I can see the transactions in Google Analytics ok but the transaction is recorded as occurring when I sent the hit.

Is it possible to send the transactions through hit builder with a specified date? i.e. the date of the initial enquiry.

Thanks,

Kevin 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Kevin,

In a word: no.

You can however send a custom dimension (you'll need to create it in the admin settings also) with the original inquiry date.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2709828?hl=en

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not sure that you could use a custom dimension, a custom metric maybe. Custom metrics can have a format type of 'Time' but i'm not sure if this can include a date?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Kevin,

You can pass any string as a custom dimension. So your date in GA would be a string as far as GA is concerned but you'll know what it is.

Best,

Theo

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn